- District Nursing
- Band 5
- Full/Part-time hours available
- Westhaven Hospital
- Weymouth & Portland
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a., pro rata
- 04/03/2018 23:59
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Registered Nurse to join the District Nursing Service covering Weymouth and Portland. The role of the Community Staff Nurse has developed over the years and the caseload consists of patients in their home environments with complex and multiple health needs. The skills required for Community Nursing included complex wound management, palliative care and end of life care, medicines management, IV drug administration as well as having a high standard of holistic assessment and care planning skills. Training is available within the Trust for the successful applicant.
Full and Part time hours are available to include working weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
If you are looking for a change and want to work more autonomously in a challenging environment, with excellent opportunities for further career development then the community could be for you. The staff work closely with members of the wider multi-disciplinary teams and Weymouth Hub including GP's, local Hospice, Specialist Nurses and Therapist colleagues. The team is also supported by Intermediate Care Service and utilises our community hospitals for patients’ rehabilitation.
In return we can also offer you:
- Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
- An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and the chance to further your career in a nurse led environment
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
- monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS pension scheme
- Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
- NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline
If you are interested in working in one of the most beautiful parts of the country we also offer a generous relocation package of up to £5,000 – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments.
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sharon Greig, Lead District Nurse on 01305 361062
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01202 277180