- Inpatient Mental Health
- Band 5
- 37.5 per week
- Linden Unit
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a.
- 31/01/2018 23:59
The Acute Care Inpatient Team at Linden Unit in Weymouth, Dorset has vacancies for general nurses.
This role incudes a £1,000 Recruitment Premium on commencement of your employment and a further £1,000 Retention Premium on completion of one year’s service and every year thereafter. This is part of a Trust Recruitment incentive package following the announcement earlier this year that the Unit faces closure as a result of the outcome of the recent review of Mental Health Services in Dorset. However this unit continues to provide exceptional recovery focused care to the people of Dorset and will continue to do so for at least two years. Alternative employment opportunities in the Trust will be sought for all staff once the Unit closes.
We are looking for dynamic general nurses, ideally with practice nursing experience, who would be interested in undertaking a new challenge within our mental health services. We have already introduced general nurses in some wards and this has been described as ground-breaking at a recent CQC inspection. There is a growing emphasis on the physical health needs of mental health patients and we would like to introduce general nurses to focus on the physical healthcare of our patients.
This is an excellent opportunity for nurses who would like to utilise their skills in a different environment and would suit clinicians with drive and enthusiasm to develop a service within our ward with the potential to expand to other areas. As a new service you have the opportunity to shape the service.
You will be working alongside a multi-disciplinary team who are friendly and supportive; they promote a calm and therapeutic approach in a low stimulus environment, enabling patients to overcome their mental crisis and move forwards with their recovery. You will also have support from our physical health team based on site.
You will play a key role acting as the main point of contact for advice/decisions around general health and will support, supervise and manage staff. You will also assist in the delivery of local and nationally required outcomes.
Whilst on shift you will always work alongside at least one qualified mental health nurse who will take charge of the ward, as well as the rest of the team.
- Valid NMC Pin is essential and a good working knowledge of CQC standards;
- An effective communicator with the ability to engage with our service users to understand their needs to provide excellent services of care;
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with external care professionals and families to be customer focused and to continually develop the services we provide;
- Promote ownership of care planning by fully involving service users and their families in developing, agreeing and evaluating care plans;
- Fulfil professional and legal responsibilities with respect to the safe storage handling and administration of medicines;
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues
You will need to have experience as a RGN, particularly with expertise around long term conditions.
In return we offer;
- We have free on site car parking
- We will support and facilitate your development in this role through regular supervision and a development plan tailored to your needs and experience.
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training.
- Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS pension scheme
- Holiday pay for up to 33 days (dependent on NHS service), plus bank holidays
- NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline.
If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of up to £5,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email email@example.com.
You will be required to undertake a Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression course and it is a condition of your employment that you successfully complete all aspects of this course; if this is not achieved you will not be able to commence working in the post.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sarah Suart (Ward Manager) on 01305 362039 / 787274
If you have problems applying, contact