- Community Hospitals
- Band 5
- Full/Part-time hours available
- Swanage Hospital Stanley Purser Ward
- Swanage and Wareham
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a. pro rata
- 06/05/2018 23:59
There is more to working in our community hospital than meets the eye! The nursing care we provide is at the forefront of modern clinical nursing and providing excellent healthcare closer to home.
Based in Swanage and Wareham in Dorset we are busy, friendly hospitals offering a wide range of services including; day surgery, out-patient, minor injuries, as well as a 15 bedded ward, there are plenty of opportunities to retain or upskill your acute clinical experience, focused on acute admission avoidance we look after a range of patients with complex needs and discharge plans
With a supportive League of Friends, passionate about their local hospital, we have a generous training budget and an assigned bursary for staff training. As we strive to be better every day.
We have won national recognition for treating dying patients with dignity and compassion. The Saxon Ward at Wareham Hospital and the Stanley Purser Ward at Swanage have both achieved accreditation in the Gold Standard Framework (GSF) for end-of-life care, confirming Dorset HealthCare as one of the country’s leading NHS trusts in this field of work.
We are also working towards a number of other accolades and accreditations including:
• Gold Standard Framework Accreditation – end of life care
• Quality Mark – care of the elderly
• Patient and Family Centered Care project – end of life care
This year Swanage Hospital had the biggest representation at the annual Community Hospital Association Conference, where there were plenty of developmental and learning opportunities to network with our peers in other community hospitals.
If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of up to £5,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer a friend or family member to apply for this post and if they are appointed, you will receive £250 for the introduction. To make a referral please see complete the online referral form.
In addition to the following benefits we are also able to offer flexible shift patterns; for example working longer days/a shorter week:
• Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
• An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and the chance to further your career in a nurse led environment.
• You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training.
• monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
• NHS pension scheme
• Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on NHS service
• NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
• Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline
Employment in this post requires a Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Donna Kiss, Matron on 07766 698155 or 01929 475032
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01202 277180