- Community Learning Disabilities
- Band 6
- 15 per week
- Purbeck Local Office
- £10,626 to £14,230 p.a.
- 13/06/2018 23:59
A part time (15 hours per week) band 6 Physiotherapist is required to join the East Dorset Community Integrated Team for people with Learning Disabilities.
If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of up to £5,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email email@example.com.
The East Dorset team has three bases – one in Purbeck (where this post will be based), one in Ferndown and one in Christchurch.
You will be required to work in partnership with people with learning disabilities, their families and carers to support them to live successfully in the community and provide high quality physiotherapy and treatment for the individual.
The successful applicant will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to provide a specialist Physiotherapy Service, whilst liaising with other agencies to promote collaborative working. You will manage a caseload of patients including complex needs, using evidence based / patient centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
This is an exciting post which will give you experience in working within a multidisciplinary and multi-agency team. Every day is a new challenge, with the unexpected a part of daily life.
Does this interest you?
Do you have substantial postgraduate experience including:
- Working with Adults with Learning Disabilities or complex multiple disabilities
- Neurological impairment
- Older persons
- Postoperative orthopaedic patients
- Respiratory conditions
- Coping with a varied caseload
- Working with members of a multidisciplinary team
- Thinking on your feet
The successful applicant will be given monthly clinical supervision as well as annual performance reviews, CPD opportunities and full support.
In return we will also offer you:
- Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
- Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS Pension scheme
- Health & Wellbeing service
- Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
- NHS discounts
- Salary sacrifice scheme including work related learning, childcare vouchers, cars, cycles, home technology equipment and buying and selling of annual leave
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline!
Refer a friend or family member to apply for this post and if they are appointed, you will receive £250 for the introduction. To make a referral please complete the online referral form.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Carrie Clarke (Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist) on 07825 935519
If you have problems applying, contact