- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 40 hours (10 PA) per week
- Poole Community Health Clinic
- £79,860 - £107,668 pa
- 01/12/2019 23:59
Want to be part of the new NHS? Health and Care organisations in Dorset are at the forefront of transforming services to provide excellent, patient-centred care.
Dorset HealthCare recently achieved an Outstanding CQC status and is a dynamic forward-thinking Trust operating throughout Dorset.
Dorset HealthCare plays a pivotal role in the strong partnership of public sector organisations across Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. Our community and mental health trust has a caring and committed workforce of around 5,500 staff, serving a population of over 700,000 people.
We are looking for proactive, positive, respectful, supportive, reliable and trustworthy people to join us at Dorset HealthCare – we’re the biggest provider of healthcare in Dorset and offer exciting opportunities for people with a range of skills. We want to be better every day – do you?
‘This is an exciting time for us as we continue improving and adapting. I have seen some great innovation, fantastic teamwork and a real willingness to look at how we can do things differently’ – Eugine Yafele, Chief Executive (May 2019)
Dorset HealthCare is the first mental health trust providing community services in the South to be given an Outstanding rating by the care quality commission (CQC) – and one of only a small handful nationally.
We would like to invite you to apply for a CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist post. This post is being advertised as full-time (10 PA), the Trust will consider all applications including those wanting to work flexibly. The successful candidate would work closely with CAMHS colleagues to support the emotional health and wellbeing of young people across Dorset.
The post is based at Poole CAMHS service which provides a comprehensive community based services to young people up to the age of 18.
It is an exciting time to join our CAMHS in Dorset. Our community CAMHS are rated as Good and our inpatient unit is rated as Outstanding. NHSE has commissioned Dorset Healthcare to build a new state of the art 8 bed PICU. We have been fast tracked by NHSE to deliver New Care Models with local partner Trusts; this will offer an alternative to inpatient admission, in the form of crisis home treatment teams.. Dorset HealthCare Trust is also part of the national trailblazer to deliver Mental Health Support Teams in schools across three pilot sites in the county.
Dorset HealthCare provides the following CAMHS services across Dorset:
- 6 Community teams.
- A 10-bed adolescent inpatient unit.
- A dedicated CAMHS psychiatric liaison service to the three acute hospitals in Dorset.
- A community forensic service for children and adolescents.
- A specialist community service for young people with eating disorders.
- A specialist community service for children and young people with intellectual disability.
- An out of hours CAMHS crisis service.
- A Discovery College for young people and carers.
- Peer specialists employed within our community and inpatient teams.
The successful candidate must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status and will be incorporated into the senior On-Call rota which is currently 1 in 17.
Dorset HealthCare offers:
- Come and work for an Outstanding CQC recognised Trust
- Career Progression including medical education, medical leadership and clinical expertise as well as working towards CESR
- Innovative Flexible working options
- Generous relocation package
- For Life
- Miles of sandy beaches and Beautiful countryside
- Outdoor Adventures on land and sea
- Secondary Schools in Dorset perform better than average!
- Good transportation links to other areas of the country and an International airport on your doorstep
- Vibrant towns offering something for all ages
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service or are able to present a valid portable DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you would like further information regarding this vacancy please contact Dr Catherine O'Callaghan lead for Child and Adolescent Mental Health or Stuart Lynch Service Manager on Tel 01202 584361.