- Inpatient Mental Health
- Band 5
- 37.5 per week
- St Ann's Hospital
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a.
- 27/03/2018 23:59
St Ann’s Hospital is an acute mental health inpatient unit located in Canford Cliffs, Poole, Dorset.
We provide treatment and care across 6 inpatient wards for people aged 18 and over, who are in an acute phase of illness and working towards their recovery. The aim of all staff is to provide a high quality of care and treatment for patients who have physical, social, psychological and emotional health needs and enable them to return home with support from the Crisis Team Home Treatment and / or their Community Mental Health Team.
At St Ann’s Hospital we currently have RMN (Band 5) vacancies on Chine Ward.
Chine Ward is a 17 bedded female treatment ward, providing treatment and care for a wide range of mental health illnesses which include Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety and Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. The age of the patients ranges from 18 to 64.
You will be required to undertake a Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression course and it is a condition of your employment that you successfully complete all aspects of this course; if this is not achieved you will not be able to commence working in the post.
The multi-disciplinary team on Chine Ward are friendly, supportive and work hard to establish and develop recovery focused care plans and give support to patients’ and their family to build skills and techniques to enable living to be as independent as possible when they leave hospital.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Qualified Registered Mental Nurse (RMN):
- Valid NMC Pin is essential and a good working knowledge of CQC standards;
- An effective communicator with the ability to engage with our service users to understand their needs to provide excellent services of care;
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with external care professionals and families to be customer focused and to continually develop the services we provide;
- Promote ownership of care programmes by fully involving service users and their families in developing, agreeing and evaluating care programmes;
- Fulfil professional and legal responsibilities with respect to the safe storage handling and administration of medicines;
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues
As a Qualified Registered Mental Nurse (RMN) you will be leading and co-ordinating the shift, providing advice and support to a team of care staff on a daily basis , as well as being involved in their development and ensuring that their passion for delivering care is continually developed. You will also be expected to be professional at all times and conduct your duties with care, consideration and kindness towards others.
All wards require that you can work shifts on rotation, including nights.
In return, we will support and facilitate your development in this role through clinical and management supervision and create a development plan tailored to your professional needs and experience.
- We will support and facilitate your development in this role through regular supervision and a development plan tailored to your needs and experience.
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training.
- Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS pension scheme
- Holiday and sick pay
- NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline
Employment in this post requires a Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff.
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Louise Orchard, Chine Ward Manager on 01202 492135 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01202 277158