- Inpatient Mental Health
- Band 6
- 37.5 per week
- St. Anns Hospital
- £26,565 to £35,577 p.a.
- 24/01/2018 23:59
The Acute Care Inpatient Team at St Ann’s Hospital, Poole, Dorset has a vacancy for a Clinical Team Leader on Chine Ward.
Chine Ward is a 17 Bed Female Treatment Ward; with a focus on recovery to enable patients to reach their goals and return home with support.
Clinical Team Leaders undertake a dual clinical and leadership role; acting as a deputy for the Ward Manager. They play a key role in the day-to-day management of ward; are a main point of contact for advice/decisions and will support, supervise and manage staff. They also assist in the delivery of local and nationally required outcomes and will often be given a lead role to manage in their own right. This post requires that you work a shift rotation including nights.
- Valid NMC Pin is essential and a good working knowledge of CQC standards;
- An effective communicator with the ability to engage with our service users to understand their needs to provide excellent services of care;
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with external care professionals and families to be customer focused and to continually develop the services we provide;
- Promote ownership of care programmes by fully involving service users and their families in developing, agreeing and evaluating care programmes;
- Fulfil professional and legal responsibilities with respect to the safe storage handling and administration of medicines;
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues
You will need to have demonstrable experience as an RMN and also have completed your mentorship in practice.
This is a great opportunity to take your first steps into a leadership role and demonstrate your knowledge and abilities, whilst continually improving services and providing hands on care to service users.
- We will support and facilitate your development in this role through regular supervision and a development plan tailored to your needs and experience.
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training.
- Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS pension scheme
- Holiday pay up to 33 days plus public holidays, dependent on NHS service
- NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You will be required to undertake a Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression course and it is a condition of your employment that you successfully complete all aspects of this course; if this is not achieved you will not be able to commence working in the post.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Louise Orchard, Chine Ward Manager on 01202 492135 or via email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01202 277190