- Inpatient Mental Health
- Band 5
- Full/Part-time hours available
- Alderney Hospital
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a. (pro rata for part-time positions)
- 24/06/2018 23:59
- If you are interested in working in one of the most beautiful parts of the country we offer a generous relocation package of up to £5,000 – for further details about re-location please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Herm and St Brelades Wards at Alderney Hospital, Poole are seeking to recruit Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD) to join our teams in providing high quality person centered care. These posts are suitable for both newly qualified and experienced nurses.
Have you considered a career working with people who have dementia, with complex mental and physical health needs?
Both full and part time positions are available.
At Dorset HealthCare we pride ourselves on the Dementia Health services we provide to our patients and their families. Our Older Peoples Inpatient Services are rated “Good” with the Care Quality Commission (April 2017). Our In-Patient Ward services operate as Practice Development Units and are also supported by the Kings Fund and Health Education Wessex initiatives and the services have strong links with Bournemouth University.
We are looking for people who are motivated to make a real difference in dementia health. Passion and compassion are essential personal qualities for these roles, along with excellent team-working, communication and assessment skills.
In return we can also offer you:
- Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
- An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and the chance to further your career in a nurse led environment
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
- Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS Pension scheme
- Health & Wellbeing service
- Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
- NHS discounts
- Salary sacrifice scheme including work related learning, childcare vouchers, cars, cycles, home technology equipment and buying and selling of annual leave
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You will be required to undertake a Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression course and it is a condition of your employment that you successfully complete all aspects of this course; if this is not achieved you will not be able to commence working in the post.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact