Would you like to join one of our dynamic and forward thinking Health Visiting Teams in Dorset?
We are looking for both newly qualified and experienced practitioners who are passionate about improving the outcomes for children and families. Your role will be to deliver the Healthy Child Programme 0 to 5 for families; planning, delivering and evaluating an efficient and cost effective Health Visiting service for an identified population. You will be delivering the national and local public health agendas in response to identified health and social needs.
You will join us at a time of exciting change and progress as we pursue our service aspirations through a Health Visiting Transformation programme. We have recently moved to a geographically based caseload allocation service based on Reach Areas, which aligns our service with our Local Authority partners. Successful candidates will need to embrace partnership working as we work together with other agencies to meet agreed standards, objectives and statutory requirements while keeping the child as our focus.
We have a range of both full-time and part-time posts of 22.5 hours and above in Dorset. We have a full-time post at Chesil in the Weymouth & Portland area for 37.5 hours per week and 2 part-time posts in Ferndown for 30 hours and 22.5 hours per week. If successful at interview you will offered an initial Reach Area and associated base; the expectation is that these posts will be subject to periodic rotation to offer opportunities for personal development and meet the needs of the service.
Our team approach involves:
- Robust supervision structure for clinical, management and Child Protection supervision.
- Support from our highly valued community nursery nurses, administrative team and Paediatric staff nurses (in some areas)
- Support of the Health Visitor Leads
- Excellent professional development opportunities and a robust Learning and Development Prospectus.
We can also offer you:
• Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
• An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and the chance to further your career in a nurse led environment
• You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
• Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
• NHS pension scheme
• Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
• NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
• Beautiful location along the Jurassic Coast
If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of up to £5,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email email@example.com
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service or are able to present a valid portable DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Apply online now
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document
title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document
in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the
document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Health Visiting Leads, Mary Rossant (Ferndown) on 01929 556855 or Katy Hall (Chesil) on 07766801139