- Information Management & Technology
- Band 6
- 37.5 per week
- Forston Clinic / 11 Shelley Road
- Dorchester / Boscombe
- £26,565 to £35,577 p.a.
- 27/06/2018 23:59
At Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust we are looking to recruit an IT security specialist into the position of IT Security Officer to support the growing demands of the Trust.
You will join a busy IT Infrastructure team and will report to the IT Infrastructure Project Manager. While you can be based in either Bournemouth or Dorchester depending on your preference, you will be required to travel around Dorset in support of the duties undertaken.
Acting as the first point of contact for IT security, you will take responsibility for operational effectiveness addressing a range of IT security matters. You will develop this new role and interact with other Trust security specialists including Information Governance, Trust Audit and Corporate Risk teams. You will progress the Trust’s existing Cyber Audit and system Penetration Testing plans.
You will deliver security monitoring and alerting services, assisting with investigations as a result of escalated problems and security alerts produced by security information and event management(SIEM) systems. You will co-ordinate information security activities (including training) with IT and colleagues in Information Governance (e.g. Caldicott, IG Toolkit, Confidentiality, Data Protection Act, Data Accreditation).
Experience of security administration is desireable, including:
• Using specialist tools to review system logs.
• Firewall (Cisco ASA) security set up and similarly other network devices.
• IPS, IDS Intrusion prevention / detection
• Internet security.
• Database security.
• Microsoft environment, including Active Directory security.
• Information in transit
• Applications and account provisioning.
• Experience of working in environments subject to compliance requirements - ISO27001
Essential skills include
• Ability to understand and articulate threats and incidents to different audiences
• An up-to-date understanding of the principles and capabilities of relevant ICT standards, technology and systems applications with particular regard for ICT security.
• A strong understanding of methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, countermeasures and contingency arrangements relating to the serious disruption of IT services,
• Knowledge of the ICT infrastructure and critical application systems used within a complex organisation.
• Experience of report writing and communications for a variety of audiences, demonstrating numeracy and literacy, and applying expert knowledge.
• Proven experience in a similar role, within the IT Security space.
You will be someone who is a keen team player, has the ability to problem solve and has an understanding of IT Support. You will have great rapport and strong customer service skills and be experienced in working in a large organisation.
Interviews will take place week commencing 9th July 2018
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Andy Reeves, Deputy Head of IT on 07880 501110
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01202 277180