- Adult Learning Disability Services
- Band 5
- 37.5 per week
- 1a Acland Road
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a.
- 01/07/2018 23:59
Due to promotion, we are pleased to be able to offer this exciting opportunity to join our Adult Learning Disability Services as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- The post holder will be based at Acland Road in Dorchester; this position is offered on a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent basis.
You will be working as part of the Community Learning Disability Teams covering Dorset; as you will be working across a range of community settings you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a fully insured car (subject to the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act).
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Providing a clinical service, in the most appropriate location, either individually or as part of a team, to learning disabled service users with communication and / or eating and drinking difficulties, and their family carers and / or care & support providers.
- Promoting inclusive communication, and safe eating and drinking in the lives of adults with learning disabilities.
- The post holder will have access to regular clinical and managerial support and supervision.
- If you are enthusiastic about supporting adults with learning disabilities, we can help you to develop the necessary clinical knowledge and skills for working in this area.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Kirsty Mayhew (Speech and Language Therapy Team Leader) on 01202 636174
If you have problems applying, contact