- Community Nursing
- Band 5
- 37.5 per week
- Grove Surgery
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a.
- 26/07/2018 23:59
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Registered Nurse to join the District Nursing Service covering Christchurch; based within the Stour/Grove team. The role of the Community Staff Nurse has changed over the years and we are now looking after complex patients in their home environments. The skills required for Community Nursing included complex wound management, palliative care and end of life care, medicines management, IV drug administration as well as having a high standard of holistic assessment and care planning skills.
Training is available within the Trust for the successful applicant. The post is 37.5 hours per week including weekends and Bank Holidays.
If you are looking for a change and want to work more autonomously in a challenging environment, with opportunities for further career development then the community could be for you. The staff work, closely with members of the wider multi-disciplinary teams including local Hospices, Complex Care Nurses, Health and Social Care Coordinators, Specialist Nurses and Therapist colleagues.
In return we can also offer you:
- Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
- An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and the chance to further your career in a nurse led environment
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
- Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS Pension scheme
- Health & Wellbeing service
- Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
- NHS discounts
- Salary sacrifice scheme including work related learning, childcare vouchers, cars, cycles, home technology equipment and buying and selling of annual leave
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Jennie Slaney - District Nurse Lead - 07917 594835
Emma Ward - Community Nursing Sister - 07557 895620
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01202 277149