- Band 5
- Full/Part-time hours available
- Blandford Community Hospital
- £22,128 to £28,746 p.a., pro rata
- 03/03/2018 23:59
Are you a caring and compassionate Registered Nurse looking for a fresh start then why not come and work for Dorset HealthCare on Tarrant Ward at Blandford Community Hospital.
We are looking for a full-time and part-time Staff Nurse to join our team.
We are a 24 bedded ward and provide sub-acute medical care, rehabilitation, Palliative / End of Life care for the local community, and also ambulatory care.
We are committed to providing excellent standards of care for our patients and we know that to enable us to do this, the continuous professional development of staff in a supportive environment has to be a top priority for us, and it is!
You will need enthusiasm and a commitment to provide the highest standards of care to patients, relative and carers, and the ability to provide professional clinical leadership. You will need to have an interest in working with older people and have good communication and organisational skills.
In return we can also offer you:
• Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
• An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and the chance to further your career in a nurse led environment
• You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
• Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
• NHS pension scheme
• Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
• NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
• Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline.
Employment in this post requires a Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £44 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. This will only apply to candidates who are new to the Trust and not internal staff.
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
If you are interested in working in one of the most beautiful parts of the country we also offer a generous relocation package of up to £5,000 – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Gill Wood, Senior Sister on 01305 361777 or Darren Wickwar, Matron on 01258 456541
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01202 277180